 Robotics / 16053
16052  |  16054
Subject:
RIS 1.5 and w2k -was- Re: RIS2 and w2k
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:22:29 GMT

I've just bought RIS 1.5 (2.0 ain't out in Australia yet, boo boo!) and am
running Win2k. Everything seemed sweet, until I went to download the
firmware to the RCX.

The errors I get vary from the Tower not working, the RCX not working or the
Firmware starts downloading, then fails... So before I go and reformat my
machine and install Win98 (again) I just want to make sure that this -is- a
Win2k problem, not anything to do with my kit.

All new batteries, and no apparent communication problems between the PC and
the Tower.

Cheers,
Adam

"Tilman Sporkert (webMethods)" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Nemo wrote:

Ciao

Someone know if RIS2 software works under Windows 2000 PRO ?
Thanks !

LEGO says no.

None of their other products do so...

Sigh

I have the RIS 2.0 software installed and running under Windows 2000
Professional, using the old serial IR tower. I don't recall if I actually
downloaded any software into a RCX using this combination - I'm using
another Windows ME system for all RCX work.

Tilman