 Robotics / 15833
Re: RCX drives Manas motors!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:51:24 GMT

This is fantastic!  Thanks for your efforts!
Anyone want to split a second manas so we each
can have three motors?

Would it be possible to put an image of the
manas motor unit up on brickshelf?  I can't
tell from the catalog images what the dimensions
of the motor units are.

And, as a follow up, can the RCX receive messages from
the control pads?

-gyug
Lugnet member #9

In lugnet.robotics, "Pink Tail" <pinkmice@borg.com> writes:
Having decoded the manas remote controllers protocol, with a
couple of hints from RCX2 users, Zhengrong Zang amongst them,
I realised the 76kHz, 25% duty cycle, 4800 baud settings were
exactly those of the Manas.

As a result, I present for your appraisal, a tested nqc program which
controls all four Manas motors. This could easily be expanded to
include six, if you have two sets, ie; three receivers. • [...]

I hope this is encouraging to you as it is to me, it expands the RCX
output capability greatly.

John Barnes