 Robotics / 14866
14865  |  14867
Subject:
Palm Robotic Mover
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.palm
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:26:38 GMT

In what is the most pro-active customer support I have ever experienced,
Paul Ellams contacted me and suggested I might beta a newer revision of his
Robotics Mover software for the Palm platform.  He was suprised that my
range using a Handspring was so short.

Happy to say now that the range on my Handspring Prism is reliably 2 meters
for the RCX, and about 3 for the Scout.  The Scout's IR receiver is a bit
more forgiving and accepts a greater degree of misalignment.

I'll let Paul post the new details as he chooses.  I'll be interested to
see what might develop from this.  Once again I'm pleasantly reminded of
the creativity and courtesy found within this Lego community.  Those of you
who have experienced a "rude" group will understand exactly what I mean.

Jeff

Jeffrey Hazen
North Mill Technology
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net