 Robotics / 14863
14862  |  14864
Subject:
NQC for Palm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:03:43 GMT

   I'm considering the ambitious undertaking of trying to port NQC
to my Palm IIIx.

   I've gotten the RCXlib running, though the demo program seems to
not be able to find my RCX 'alive'.

   I know GCC can be used to generate Palm apps, and NQC doesn't seem
like a terribly non-portable app. I've compiled NQC for Linux myself
without trouble using GCC.

   Seems like I'd mostly need to rewrite the comms object in NQC to
use RCXLib's Palm IR code, and then make a GUI for controlling
command-line options. I feel these are both within my abilities.

   Not sure how to handle source/object modules, since the Palm
doesn't exactly have a normal filesystem.

   I will need to find a text editor, since I'm not interested in
writing one, and it's method of storing text data will probably
dictate the 'file' strategy I would use.

   Questions:

    Is anyone already working on this?

    Any interested parties?

    Any interested parties who can code and compile for PalmOS?

Chris - Xenon
--
  Chris Hanson | Xenon@3DNature.com | I've got friends in low latitudes!
         New WCS 5 Demo Version!     http://www.3DNature.com/demo/