 Publishing / Brick Journal / 8
7  |  9
Subject:
printing BrickJournal: Lulu.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:16:07 GMT

A bit of poking-about turned up a print-on-demand service that might fit the bill: lulu.com. These guys are reportedly very easy to use -- it takes just a few minutes to upload your document, and then you (or your readers) can immediately start ordering copies.

I found them mentioned in a review that has mostly dire warnings about print-on-demand services, but good things to say about lulu. And apparently, this is the service used by JPG Magazine, which (like BrickJournal) obviously contains a lot of photos. So if the quality came out acceptable for that, it’d probably be acceptable for BrickJournal too.

The cost for a 68-page magazine would be $14.73, if my math is right. That’s more than an arm, but less than an arm and a leg. Too much for a long-term solution, but it could be good enough for starting out -- people who really want a printed copy would at least have a way to get one.

What do you say, Joe?

Best,
- Joe

P.S. I tried to post in the forum at legofan.org, but it the thread there had no Reply button that I could see, only a Lock icon that did nothing (including explaining itself) when clicked. I hope you don’t mind some discussion taking place here on LUGNET too!