 Publishing / 4794
  Wanted: book on LEGO town building

I know Jake recently got an excellent book on LEGO trains published. I'd love to see something similar, but all about building minifig-scale LEGO towns. I imagine that major sections of the book might include: vehicles buildings landscaping & (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: book on LEGO town building

(...) Hi Joe, It's not exactly a book, but we are trying to cover as many of those sorts of things as possible over on (URL) BrickWiki>. Go check it out and if there is anything specific you'd like to see added, put in a request on the (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: book on LEGO town building

(...) Thanks, Tim — I confess that I thought BrickWiki was just about the history of LEGO. I didn't know it was a repository for building techniques as well. I agree, that could be quite useful. In some ways, not quite as nice as a glossy book on my (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: book on LEGO town building

--SNIP-- (...) I agree about nice, shiny books. Of course, if we could get enough information and a liberal enough publisher, we could print the shiny book eventually ;-). Tim (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: book on LEGO town building

(...) Kevin Wilson has a great town planning section on his site: (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: book on LEGO town building

(...) You know, it was surprisingly easy to do my book. TONS of work, certainly. But very fun work, and it's been great to have accomplished it. Interestingly, it wasn't "hard" work, in sense that only a select few people in the world could do it. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: book on LEGO town building

(...) No!!! Don't say that. I really, really don't have time for any more projects, so telling me how much fun it was isn't helping me at all. Please tell me that it was gruelling, thankless, back-breaking labor that made you regret you'd ever (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, FTX)