 Publishing / 1526
1525  |  1527
Subject:
New Photos! Office Bldg with Electric Lights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:17:12 GMT

Greetings all!

Hey, I finally got new photos of my city up, after 6 long months.  These
photos feature a 7-story model of the Woolworth Building, one of the oldest
commercial buildings in New York City.  The building was built around a year
ago, and I am in the process of redesigning it from the ground up to
incorporate electric lighting, as well as make access to the various floors
easier.

I have photographed only the first two floors.  Inside you'll find a florist,
a general store, a laundromat, a travel agency, and a graphics design firm.

The photos are linked off of this page:
http://www.seankenney.com/lego/bayles

Tech Specs:

The building is 7 stories high, which includes a peaked "attic".  It's base is
16x48 studs.

Every office and store contains a real electric light, which looks awesome in
the dark!

Each floor has "drop cielings" that allow electrical wiring to run across the
building and into the various offices.  There are also vertical ducts enclosed
in the rear of the building to allow wiring to run to the upper floors.

The whole building hinges open on its center to allow access to the offices
indoors.

The street-level contains shops that slide out for easy access.

Windows are inset 1 stud deep, and offset 1/2 stud horizontally. (cool effect!)

Fun Facts:

"Bossinger Design Studios" takes up the entire second floor.  There's a
drafting board, some iMacs, and an easel.  It also has stairs that run down to
the street level.

"Victoria's Fine Florist" has got lots of cool pieces like 1x1 circluar grey
plates, and a floor built of tiles.  It also slides out of the building for
easy access.

Enjoy!

Sean

PS: Coming next week, "The Slums".   (I've got the photos scanned, but
they're just not up on the web yet.)