 Pirates / 96
Re: Caribbean Clipper Cwestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:59:44 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Steve Campbell writes:
So what's up with the cannon port covers on the (6274) Caribbean
Clipper? I just got mine form England and I was going through the
directions when I noticed that the blue side port covers (flaps) are
mounted upside down. They close up instead of down like every other
port-equipped ship.

Now, is this just a design glitch or was it an obscure brand of naval
architecture that I missed somewhere?

And does anybody have their Clipper configured like this? I plan to
reverse them.

SteveC
http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/index.html

I've been too lazy to put 'em the right way and just followed the instructions.

My number three CC met a natural disaster (my son) and has been reduced to its
component parts which lie scattered about.  Once the organize-all-lego-parts
project gets finished, I will reconstruct it with the ports the "correct"
fashion.  I have a spare set of square sails, port covers, masts and spars,
but I still need to get a wide brown center section to complete the project:
the Imperial fleet needs a flagship that can take on a Redbeard Runner.

Since we are on the subject, how many of you mount the lateen sail on the
Armada Flagship backwards such as it is in the picture?  I always turn 'em
around - when I'm not shanghaiing them on to my Imperial Trading Post size
mini-ships.

Bruce