 Pirates / 763
Re: Value of 6264
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:36:34 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Alan Gerber wrote:

How much is a 6264 worth(I don't want to sell it, I just want to know how • much
its worth).  I recently bought one for a dollar less than MSRP, which was • mint
in box, except it was missing the canoe.  Was this a good deal?

Well, the standard answer is "whatever someone is willing to pay" is what
something is worth--especially in the LEGO market.

Yeah, but all of us *hate* that answer.  What the person is invariably really
asking is what price does this usually sell for and is my deal okay by the
conventional wisdom.

I'd say that getting *any*
Pirates or Islander set MIB at MSRP or less than MSRP is a good deal.

See?  You knew what the real question was!  :-)

Bruce
(scavenging box at work for those Zeppelins and Biwing Frank Lukes for ya,
Lindsay)

best

Lindsay