 Pirates / 724
Re: Pirate General Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:50:47 GMT

Tony Priestman wrote:

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Richard Marchetti (<Fr763s.KtK@lugnet.com>) wrote
at 08:26:16

Hey:

Have y'all noticed that pirates will generally only row a boat at gun or sword
point?  By contrast, soldiers seem to have a little more discipline in this
category.

Ah that may be because they're usually the ones *with* the guns :-)

Men in uniform do what they're told while they're in uniform.  Note that the
officers rarely row.

Also, are there still two kinds of 1x1 black cylinders?  I have discovered
that some have no center hole through the middle while others do -- the latter
I have presumed are intended for shooting cannon, while the former are not.

No, the holeless ones are just older. All of my ships have come with
holey 1x1s, and IIRC, they actually go further with the hole facing down
the barrel.

I have one of those solid-top ones.  It's ancient; all of my cylinders from after
about 1980 seem to have the holes.

Kind of reminds me of the "classic" smiley mini-head issue -- how some have an
opening atop their heads(crossed by tiny threads of plastic) while others have
a solid stud instead.  IMHO, "classic" smileys are SOLID studs at the crown of
their heads.  The other ones are late-comer imposters...

Same thing as the 1x1 cyls :-)

The solid minifig head studs seemed to outlast the cylinders by a good margin,
though.  I got some solid top minifig heads as late as 1987.

Too bad you can't shoot *those* out of a cannon.  Hmmm, maybe I should fit an
"offal gun" to one of my boats...

best

Lindsay