 Pirates / 571
    Re: Boilers —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    (...) I've often gone directly for screw propulsion. But if I'm not mistaken, weren't most small paddlewheelers (<800 dwt) run by a single boiler, oriented front to back like a train given the orientation of the wheels' axle? I saw a boat like (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Boilers —James Powell
   (...) I (...) weren't (...) like (...) That would sound about right. I can ask the PNLTC members who live in Portland for pictures of one if you guys are really interested (Ben Fleskes should be able to get pics fairly easy). From memory, ya, most (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.pirates)