 Pirates / 49
(was: Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:02:22 GMT

Tony Priestman wrote:

If I did [1], TLG would take them away from me; being an American
and all.  I'd just end up shooting an eye out with a round 1x1 [2]
or something.  :)

Perhaps they're more worried about kids shooting 1x1s up each other's
noses?

Smells quite fishy to me...  I guess I plundered that pun didn't I?

Actually, I think it was the League of Whining Little Sisters
that made TLG remove the shooting cannons; they were tired of
getting shot at.

[2] Not only a round 1x1, but a black round 1x1.  My imperials don't
   like using those namby-pamby pink or yellow round 1x1.  If they
   did that, they'd probably get some funny name like
   "Queen's Regiment" or something silly like that.  :)

Ooh. That's fighting talk - I'll get me handbag :-)

I've got me fall frock, me hat & heels on, I'll take you on
any time now young man.  Just watch the hair, I had it permed
yesterday.

That's reminds me... I picked up Monty Python's Flying Circus
set 1 & 2 on DVD.  There's a sketch about the re-enactment of
the Battle of Pearl Harbor by the Women of Batly Townswoman's
Guild.  There's nothing funnier than watching men in drag, in
the middle of a pig field rubbing dirt in each other's noses; it
wouldn't be as funny with round 1x1's.  :)

Just as a matter of interest: which Paradisa set had a shooting cannon?
Beach Barbecue with Buccaneer?

No, I think it was "The Pirate's Playground" (#6403-2) with
real torture devices.  Or was it the "Seaside Holiday
Brothel" (#6489-2)... No, it was "Armada Island Arcade"
(#6409-2); a fun shooting game you can play at home with the
cat.

You know, my pirates like to suck on orange bricks & lime
baseplates to keep off the scurvy -- it seems to be working
quite well.  Their teeth don't fall out like the Wild West
bandits' teeth do.

--Mike.