 Pirates / 4550
    Corsair 'Adroit Main' —Richie Dulin
   Ahoy! Another vessel from the current shipbuilding frenzy at Port Brique shipyards, the lateen rigged Adroit Main: (URL) (More pics (URL) here> post moderation). The Adroit Main is an experiment in using the ten-wide bow pieces, an exotic rig on a (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        Re: Corsair 'Adroit Main' —Ted Godwin
     A very nice little ship. The sterncastle and rudder assembly has very nice lines and those swivel guns amidships are well done. The masts and sails are also well done. I do think the catheads seem a little too long but such a minor nit, not really (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

        Re: Corsair 'Adroit Main' —John P. Henderson
     (...) Avast you scurvy bilge rat! Uh, I mean... I like the simplicity of the design, clean white stripe, simple sail configuration. I've been planning to use the larger bow pieces for a pirate ship myself, so it's nice to see that it can work. Oh I (...) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

        Re: Corsair 'Adroit Main' —Timothy Gould
   (...) Hi Richie, I like the basic look about this MOC but it seems a little square to me. All of your larger vessels have flared cabins at the rear which I've always admired so perhaps you could incorporate something like this here. The large axe (...) (17 years ago, 9-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

        Re: Corsair 'Adroit Main' —John P. Henderson
   (...) I agree that weapons traditionally considered medieval should be used sparingly in AoS (Age of Sail) MOCs, but they aren't entirely out of period, nor unheard of in Lego® models. Look just above the row boat in this image: (URL) I guess if (...) (17 years ago, 10-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)