 Pirates / 4369
4368  |  4370
Subject:
Viking Knarr (or Knorr)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 05:44:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Ahoy etc

Although the longship is the iconic viking vessel, the knarr (or knorr) was generally the vessel of choice for trading.

My knarr (or knorr) is shorter than my longship (only two hull centre sections). The rail is a perhaps fanciful, and the shields (only 3x3 - all the 4x4s went to the longship) are a bit low... but only in order to hide the odd gaps from the bow/stern sections.

The knarr (or knorr) is laden for trade, although the crates I used may be a little too modern, and the chains to hold the cargo in place might be several parts overkill.