 Pirates / 4038
Re: Governor's Mansion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:37:38 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:

   Bah! The interior needs work.

;-)

I thought I forgot to add the explanation in my post! I could have built an interior, but I find that they don’t always last long (“oooh, that’s the perfect piece for my new ship” - rip!)

   We haven’t had a pirate era building for a while, and this is certainly a nice one.

The yellow/white with black and red colour scheme which lego established is certainly spot on.

I really like that you’ve successfully incorporated the smiley/grumpy bricks and the curviness of the front verandah. The coach and escort are great too.

Thank-you!

The only area for improvement (besides the interior), would perhaps be a more detailed garden. A water feature (or two) together with some formed flowerbeds, and perhaps a statue, would complement the mansion nicely.

That’s a good idea - flowers are easy, as well as water (reflecting pools, maybe?) The statue I’ll probably leave for the town square. Time to go to work!

Aaron :)