 Pirates / 3674
Re: Problems with Black Seas Barracuda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Ken Cefaratti wrote:

   I have NEVER seen or heard of faulty pieces in a LEGO set before. Is this common and/or does anyone know if I can exchange the broken parts or do I have to send the whole set back to S@H?

Ted

Just call Shop at Home and tell them what was damaged and they should send you replacements... I bought a train car that was missing an uncommon piece and they sent out a new one really quick.

...and once you receive the replacement, experiment with straightening the warped section. Dunk it in hot - very hot water (use caution, gloves etc as appropriate), and try to twist it back into shape. You can never have too many centre sections... but if it’s a bow or stern section, it’s probably not worth the effort.

Cheers

There is also a chance that S@H may want the damaged parts returned for Quality Control. In that case, they will let you know and should send a prepaid return authorization when they send you the new parts. In any case, they will let you know one way or the other when you contact them.

Steven Weiser

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique