 Pirates / 3213
Re: Sail and Flag Scans available on Brickshelf!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:41:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Hello Tom,

That's good, a sail and soft material flag repository.

There is also a smaller Royal Knights Lion flag (more a pennant), about 47 x
18 mm, with only 2 pointy ends and 2 flagpole-holes. It was included in set
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6090 and in set http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6044

You might want to include the Lion cape, worn bij the king in set
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6090, and the Fright Knights Bat cape, worn by
the Bat Lord in set http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6007

The following I've put in to tease you, or just in case you strive for
completeness:

And then there are the Paradisia and Miniland sails: With palm tree
decoration in set http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6410 and with red-blue wave
decoration in both http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6414 and
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6342

The Octan Banner:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6337

3 different Belville sails:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5844
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5846
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5847

a Belville Dolphin pennant, with one pointy end and 2 flagpole-holes:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5845

Maybe you could keep us informed which scans you need to add to your
repository, and then we try to get you the scans that are still missing.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Hi Manfred
I was actually only concentrating on pirate and castle stuff for now.  I
have the capes and flags you mentioned for the royal knights, fright
knights, etc.!  I will probably add some of them to the lot.
If people are interested in sails from other themes, then I will be glad to
add them.  I wasn't exactly trying to make a complete repository.  There are
sails that you didn't mention like the wings from the ninja sets and even
some star wars sets.  I'm not sure if anyone is interested in having scans
of the plastic type of sail.  My main concern was for people who wanted to
build their own boats for the pirate game, etc.!
If anyone wants the other items, then let me know and I will try and help
out.  If I don't have them, then I'm sure I can find someone who does.
Thanks for your interest...
Tom