 Pirates / 2874
  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Good good! (...) Looking at you pics, the length of the chrome guns in studs seems about 6 -- so they're either short 9-pounders or long 6-pounders. British Frigates tended to go for either, depending on the Captain. (...) Precisely right (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Yes, I found my supply of small wheels (which I'd previously thought of as being large and annoying) suddenly dried up when I started carriage mounting a lot of my guns. My small cannon designs us 1x1 round plates as wheels, mounted directly (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Brilliant! I've got plenty of those... I'll probably fix them onto the guns that are hidden under the forecastle and the quarterdeck -- the difference will barely be noticable... Thanks! Kenneth Tam (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Yeah, me too- and I have only Armada Flagship, Red beard runner, and the hull and sails of the BSB. No wheels here, exept the ones scraped up from town sets. (...) Indeed! You can use larger 2X2 round plates mounted on the 1X2 plate with one (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Tired of being outgunned by pirates with deep loot-filled pockets?

(...) Can I offer I suggestion on your cannon made of 2x2 rounds? Try a freestyle four stud wheelhub (conveniently available in grey) in place of the 2x2 round at the cannon mouth, to give a smooth end to the gun. I used that for my carronade (see (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)