 Pirates / 266
Re: Port Block sees in the new nineteenth century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:25:37 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote:

Despite all the predictions of doom and destruction, midnight has come and
gone.  The candles and torches did not go out, the lock on my treasure chest
still fails to work (just like it always did), my abacus still does work,
blood did not rain from the sky, Satan did not sail from hades on a blazing
Skull's Eye Schooner, the Flying Dutchman did his rounds and shot through as
per normal, and I am reliably informed that as long as the sun rises on
time, the colony's sundial will continue to function as unreliably as ever.

This new nineteenth century is clearly over rated.

Nevertheless we will wait fervently for news from other centres. Of course
we'll be waiting fervently for about three months for a ship to bring news,
but we of the Brikish Armed Forces are quite used to waiting fervently for
long periods of time.

And after all, we are the NSW Corps! <<rah!>>

And we have plenty of rum.

<<RAH!>>

Happy New Year gentlemen.

This begs the question: Is anyone planning any LEGO celebrations of the
new year/millenium (yea, I know, the new millenium doesn't actually
start for another year)?

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com