 Pirates / 2280
Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

As the pics show, I only had four rowboats, so I so far have only two of the
six whaleboats a whaler of this size normally carried. I am still seeking
more 5 and 5/8 inch long brown rowboats.

  If I had any, I'd loan 'em to you for the cause.  Alas, I don't
  own any.  I know that some people DO have the Belville white ones,
  which might in some instances be better--weren't some of the
  whalers' boats painted white?  Also, how are you going to make
  the extended-length oars used?

  I almost hate to say this, but Richard has set the precedent for clone
brick use in larger vessels...   The MegaBloks Viking Ship from the Legends
series a few years back included a number of quite long oars.

     Dave!