 Pirates / 2080
Re: What Pirate sets , in your mind , should be part of the Legends line?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:39:44 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I didn't start this thread because it is such a given that the Black Sea
Barracuda, Skull's Eye Schooner, Imperial Trading Post, and El Dorado
Fortress are the obvious Legends.  Certainly the early two big ships rank up
there amongst the finest kits Lego ever released.

Anything else is just searching for good mid-sized or smaller sets.

Bruce

In lugnet.pirates, Bryan Buckley writes:
As everyone should know by now , unless you've been living under a rock ,
the classic Castle set "Guarded Inn" is to be rereleased on Shop at Home
sold under the new "LEGO Legends" line. Over at .castle we were discussing
what castle sets to be part of Legend , but don't get me wrong , i'm a big
fan of Pirates too. The Historical LEGO themes have always been favorites of
mine. Castle , Pirates , Western ..anyhow , I was pondering , even though
the " Red beard Runner" , "Armada Flagship" , and "Enchanted Island" are
Pirate sets to be rereleased soon , they aren't part of the Legends line. So
, what Pirate sets , in your mind , should be in "Legends?"
The two most qualified sets to me would have to most likely be : the
"Imperial Trading Post" and the "Black Seas Barracuda." Runner-up would
probably be the "El Dorado Fortress." Those are both excellent
respresentations of how great the Pirates line once was.

Bryan B.
http://bryanssiteolego.homestead.com
My very incomplete site devoted to the plastic bricks that have captured
many generations.

Hey Bruce , I created this thred asking people what Pirates sets they think
would be part of the Legends line. They want "Enchanted Island?" Fine with
me. I just wanted to know everyone's honest opinion.