 Pirates / 2001

Re: Puerto Bonita
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:56:18 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jon Furman writes:
Hi all,
This is my first attempt at a large scale pirate creation.  I call it Puerto
Bonita.  It is a Spanish port city in the Carribbean.  I used up just about
every white and yellow brick I own to build it.  It would be bigger, except
Frank Filz always outbids me at the last second whenever I try to get more
yellow!
The city has a main plaza, a public market, a statehouse, and a residential
section.  I didn't build the fortress out of White and yellow like the
standard fortresses, because I can't see a fortress made of red brick and
plaster holding up under heavy bombardment.  Plus, the pirates of the
carribbean fort (and we all know how accurate that ride is) is grey stone as
well.  LMKWYT!  Jon

I'll add my voice to say: wonderful, wonderful stuff.  So many charming
details... and your characters are great, I don't think I saw one
out-of-the-box person, and all going about their business in their own way.
Elena is my favorite - the ruffled skirt, the white gloves... ah.  How did
you make her scarf?  I'd like to see some "portraits" of the citizens.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective