 Pirates / 1803
    Truth in Advertising - an honest man! —Bruce Schlickbernd
   This is not a plug to sell anything - this auctions is over, anyway. Note the listing - Crossbones Clippers haters may get a chuckle out of it. (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Ugliest Set Ever? (Was Re: Truth in Advertising - an honest man!) —Bradley Dale
     (...) That's the ugliest Pirates set ever? I thought it was <set:6720 Forbidden Island>. Sure, its a classic, but it seems poorly designed. Stairs leading into the ocean???? It doesn't come close to being the uglist set in any theme ever, I can (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

        Re: Truth in Advertising - an honest man! —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) I've never gotten less than $50 for one of those sets. It may be ugly, but it's not a *bad* set. And besides, I thought the ugliest set ever would have to be one of the vaunted Time Losers monstrosities (except the ship and maybe the big (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Truth in Advertising - an honest man! —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) I was looking because I discovered one last MIB Crossbone Clipper hiding in my closet (and one last Redbeard Runner and one last Armada Flagship). Why in the world people bid so much for them is a mystery I'll never understand. TimeTwisters (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.pirates)