 Pirates / 1218
1217  |  1219
Subject:
New Capital Ship: HMS Queen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:23:58 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

In anticipation of my being Lego-less in the upcoming year, I decided to
make use of these designs I've been scratching out for the last six
months and build a new capital ship.  It's not _Gloire_ or any
modification thereof, but rather a vessel of the late 1890s that I've
dubbed HMS _Queen_.  It's far nicer than any of my other ships, and
although it's not completely done all that remains are certain
decorative elements and other desiderata.

So, if you're so inclined to take a look at my bleary-eyed naval
architecture, please do--and let me know what you think!  Apologies for
no thumbnails, but the text should be helpful in deciding which links to
view.  (Apologies to .pirates and .boats folks, who have seen a few of
the earlier .jpgs before--skip ahead to Phase III.)

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/queen.html

More pictures and hopefully a better site will be forthcoming--here's
hoping I find a way to manoeuvre this monster in my teeny tiny apartment
to take photos!   (Thank God it comes apart into four clean sections, or
it would have been stuck in my foyer.)

In related news, I have discovered that cooking becomes *much* more
difficult with a 2.1-meter battleship in the kitchen, especially when
the masts are too tall to step over.

best,

Lindsay

FUT -> .build

PS:  I know what I'm bringing to Brickfest next year... ;)