 People / 984
983  |  985
Subject:
AFOL Matchmaking (was Re: Is this anyone we know??)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:25:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Chris Osborn writes:
In article <G02ouM.ME8@lugnet.com>,
Marina Artamonova <marinartam@aol.com> wrote:

What a wonderful idea! How about a little dating page for all
of the single and available LEGO freaks? ;)

I could go for that! :-) Every once in a while I think about
crossposting to ba.personals and rec.toys.lego, but I don't think
it'd be appropriate.  It sucks being single and having lots of Lego.
I need someone to sit down with me and brainstorm cool ideas with!

On the heels of Tom and Suz's LEGOLand wedding, this is - on the surface
anyways - a great idea.  The problem is male AFOLs probably outnumber
female AFOLs about ten to one.  Suzanne's got her guy, and the other
babes out there can take their pick from us guys, but for the most
part, the guys have to play with themselves.  Stop it - You know that
wasn't what I meant.  8-)

In lugnet.people, Tim Wilkins writes:
You could also name your first (or next) child Duplo. In fact
Duplo Lehman has a nice ring about it.

Duplo Brown has an even better ring to it.  When last names are listed first,
he'd be Brown Duplo.  8-)   James and Raven, you two are really blessed to
have each other and such a beautiful home.  I'm sure your grandfather would
be pleased, especially with the new great-grandchild due soon.

SRC