 People / 2912
2911  |  2913
Subject:
Community Involvement And Personal Issues (Was: The Care and Feeding...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:59:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:

 Further, if your were to start honouring trademarks just so you could
 chastise others I'd be a little worried about you.

And in the vein of YET ANOTHER current LUGNET thread about your disruptive
tendancies, your continued sniping and heel nipping at Larry has me a little
worried about you. You need to back away and take a good look at the way you
post at LUGNET, and the tones you take...especially if you value your
involvment here to any extent.

Perhaps you need to think about your tone, this almost sounds like a threat?

Creative snipping to make a false point Scott? Bad form, old boy.

Let's go ahead and restore the part where I explain what you are
intentionally misconstruing as a threat, so it's true meaning is once again
made clear:

You have many people upset wih you currently, and as we have seen in the
past, a grassroots campaign for administrative action can be very
effective...and I don't feel like seeing another one of those beginning here
again. Not now...not ever.

So let's recap, shall we? #1: I have no problem with you personally, Scott;
#2: I am one community member telling another community member how things
look from my perspective, re: his behaviour; #3: The community has taken up
arms to ban folks in the past, I prefer not to see this sort of thing
happen, and much less prefer not to see it necessary.

No threat Scott...just a warning for a community member I'm concerned
for...I suppose you are welcome to take it however you wish though. Whatever
you like...your continued insistance upon making everything a personal issue
against you will cerainly color any further communication I have with you here.

I really think you are confusing the message with the messenger. Go back and
read Brian's post. Consider it fully. Was he wrong?

Yes, see below.

Was I wrong to support him?

Nope, beacaue you can do (for the most part...within the ToU), whatever you
like here at LUGNET.

However, that is not the issue here (nor was it the issue of the topic at
hand, namely trademark enforcement)...when both Brian and you made it a
personal issue with Larry, that's where you went wrong in the first place.

Brian decided it would be fun to do a little "Larry Baiting", you (of
course) had to join in the "fun". Knowing you would get Larry's back up, you
continued posting to the (now seriously off-topic) thread. Larry attempted
to keep the thread on-topic, and backed off when it was obvious that that
wasn't where you and others wished it to go (my read of the situation, based
on available data...take it with however many grains of salt you find
necessary).

Again, you need to back away from this, Scott, and truly think about your
involvement here at LUGNET...I know you are capable of carrying on good,
necessary, and helpful LEGO related talk...I've seen it...why not choose to
continue in that vein, rather than continue on this disruptive path?

Matt

(moving this to .people since it's bcome about the personal issues, not the
trademark ones)