 People / 225
Re: Hey Todd (Re: LUGNET Memberships)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.people, Mike Stanley writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
I feel sure that such moves might help avoid the
financial burden being yours alone. Are there any plans to try and make • this
outfit non-profit?  Just my two bits.

I think it'll always be a for-profit thing.  (Of course, it's far from
turning any kind of profit at the moment.)

I hope it always stays for-profit.  I WANT someone to make money off
this.  Heck, I want to help Todd & Suz actually turn a profit by
running all my auctions here.  :)

I would have to agree in this case.  I think a for-profit LUGNET can only be a
good thing.  The more profit LUGNET makes then the more time Todd can devote to
it which can only make things better.

I was actually considering trying my first auction recently be have decided to
hold off for now because 1. it really isn't that much stuff, 2. I don't NEED
the money at the moment, and 3. I want to see if I can hold off long enough to
see what Todd comes up with for auctioning on LUGNET so that I can contribute
more to the financial support of LUGNET.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/