 People / 188
Re: LUGNET Memberships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:26:40 GMT

Where do you mail the membership fee to and who should it be made payable
to?

KL

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:

I'm happy to announce that formal LUGNET memberships are now available.  :)

Things won't be very fancy initially (no map or other web-toys yet) but this
gets the ball rolling and begins to pave the way for much more to come later
down the road.

At this point, the memberships probably aren't something for everyone, since
they don't actually do anything (for now, they just store data about you),
but it's still kinda fun.

Here's how to sign up:

  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/join/

From there, you can hop to the actual enrollment form.  The form is quite
the little beastie to fill out, so I recommend printing a hardcopy and
jotting down a few notes before beginning.

Take your time filling out the form -- there's no rush to get into in queue
-- because the member ID numbers are assigned upon receiving the membership
fee, not upon receiving the completed form.  (In other words, while a day or
two might make a difference, a few minutes or hours certainly won't.)

It was suggested a while ago that the lifetime membership fee be a high
number since it was a for-life kind of thing, or to charge some sort of
periodic subscription fee, but we wanted it to be much more open and simple
than that, and, most importantly, easily affordable for anyone.

So we set it up that you pay what you think is fair, based on what the value
of LUGNET is to you, with the minimum being 10 dollars (U.S.) for lifetime
membership, leaving anything else up to you.

Enjoy!
--Todd

[followups to lugnet.people]