 People / 1097
Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:47:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

I didn't plan for that.  In the beginning, I honestly didn't think that anyone
would ever forget their password (or at least not have it written down
somewhere that they could find it).

Huh?  Todd, I hope you meant to write, "I didn't think about dealing with
people forgetting their passwords".

People forget passwords *all* *the* *time*.  That's why so many sites have
such ridiculously unsecure password requirements -- so people can remember
how to get in.

And writing passwords down doesn't help -- people either either leave them
out in the open, or they put them in a safe place, and forget what that
safe place is.

Steve