Re: AFOL Wife Swap?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:27:43 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jack Hawk wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
I just received this email - my address was apparently culled from the
WAMALUG list:

{Hello, my name is Jodi and I am a casting producer for the show Wife
Swap on ABC television. I am seeking families who involved in the
subculture of adult Lego hobbyists. I saw you on the forum and thought
you may be interested in applying!}

{Families on the show receive $20,000, and anyone that refers a family
that is selected to be on our show is paid $1,000 per referral. Each
family should consist of two parents, at least one child between the
ages of 6-17, and should reside in the U.S. and have BIG, outgoing
personalities.}

{If your unfamiliar with the show, the premise of Wife Swap is to take
two different families and have the mom's switch place to experience
how another family lives for one week. Half of the week, mom lives the
life of the family she is staying with. The other half, she introduces
a "rule change" where she implements rules and activities that her
family has. It's a positive experience for people to not only learn,
but teach other ways of life.}

{If you would like to apply, please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY at
jodi.friedman@rdfusa.com with a family description, photo and phone
number. Hope to hear from you!}

{-Jodi}

{Jodi Friedman¬
Casting Producer¬
ABC TV/ RDF Media}

Anybody out there thinking of volunteering? And who would you be swapping
with? A MegaBloks fan?

Marc Nelson Jr.

<http://www.lugnet.com/~326/
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/LUGNET/thumblink.jpg Marc's
Creations>>

LOL!!!

I {just} put up GtwLUG's forum on Tuesday and this same message was posted;
our member's haven't even started using the forum yet. I found very similar
messages posted on other community sites for other "sub-cultures" - so it
seems legit.

--Jack
AFOL, GtwLUG, St. Louis

Hi,

I got this through LEGOFan today. I guess we could make money more quickly by
sueing them for massive spamming :-/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wifeswapabc

Gee, if they would be based in Germany, or at least in the EU, this would be MY
chance to make "some" extra Euros :-)

Leg Godt!
Rene