 MediaWatch / 2199
Subject:
AFOL Wife Swap?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 03:07:19 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I just received this email - my address was apparently culled from the WAMALUG list:

Hello, my name is Jodi and I am a casting producer for the show Wife Swap on ABC television. I am seeking families who involved in the subculture of adult Lego hobbyists. I saw you on the forum and thought you may be interested in applying!

Families on the show receive $20,000, and anyone that refers a family that is selected to be on our show is paid $1,000 per referral. Each family should consist of two parents, at least one child between the ages of 6-17, and should reside in the U.S. and have BIG, outgoing personalities.

If your unfamiliar with the show, the premise of Wife Swap is to take two different families and have the mom’s switch place to experience how another family lives for one week. Half of the week, mom lives the life of the family she is staying with. The other half, she introduces a “rule change” where she implements rules and activities that her family has. It’s a positive experience for people to not only learn, but teach other ways of life.

If you would like to apply, please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY at jodi.friedman@rdfusa.com with a family description, photo and phone number. Hope to hear from you!

-Jodi

Jodi Friedman
Casting Producer
ABC TV/ RDF Media

Anybody out there thinking of volunteering? And who would you be swapping with? A MegaBloks fan?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations

Re: AFOL Wife Swap?
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
[...]

LOL!!!

I just put up GtwLUG’s forum on Tuesday and this same message was posted; our member’s haven’t even started using the forum yet. I found very similar messages posted on other community sites for other “sub-cultures” - so it seems legit.

--Jack AFOL, GtwLUG, St. Louis

Re: AFOL Wife Swap?
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:27:43 GMT

<http://www.lugnet.com/~326/
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/LUGNET/thumblink.jpg Marc's
Creations>>

LOL!!!

I {just} put up GtwLUG's forum on Tuesday and this same message was posted;
our member's haven't even started using the forum yet. I found very similar
messages posted on other community sites for other "sub-cultures" - so it
seems legit.

--Jack
AFOL, GtwLUG, St. Louis

Hi,

I got this through LEGOFan today. I guess we could make money more quickly by
sueing them for massive spamming :-/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wifeswapabc

Gee, if they would be based in Germany, or at least in the EU, this would be MY
chance to make "some" extra Euros :-)

Leg Godt!
Rene

Re: AFOL Wife Swap?
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:47:18 GMT

Anybody out there thinking of volunteering? And who would you be swapping
with?
A MegaBloks fan?

Marc Nelson Jr.

<http://www.lugnet.com/~326/
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/LUGNET/thumblink.jpg Marc's
Creations>>

I got mine today.  I'm not married anymore, so no swapping for me. :P

-Rob

Re: AFOL Wife Swap?
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:30:39 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   I just received this email - my address was apparently culled from the WAMALUG list:

(clip wife swap solitication)

Anybody out there thinking of volunteering? And who would you be swapping with? A MegaBloks fan?

Marc Nelson Jr.

She’s been making the rounds of the Internet. Check out my latest blog posting for some fun with this.

Re: AFOL Wife Swap?