Subject:
Potomac Outlet Refit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 21:44:41 GMT

Hello everyone,

I’m happy to announce that the Potomac Mills LEGO Outlet in Woodbridge, VA is about to undertake a few major changes. Next week, we will be closing the store on Monday to begin a huge refit of the entire floor. This will include new wall shelves, new floor fixtures, and new decorations. From what we have planned out with the final layout we’ve prepared, we should be able to keep all the current models.

What does this mean for you guys? Well, besides looking much cooler, the new fixtures mean more room for merchandise, which in turn means we will have the option of putting new items on the floor. If you were around when we moved the Capital building model to Germany a few months back, you will have seen LEGO respond by giving us Clikits, Toa Metru, new Star Wars, more Spiderman sets, Discovery space sets, and more legends than we stocked before. I’m looking forward to seeing what we are able to put out there now, especially in time for Brickfest this year.

The big question I’ve heard so far is, of course, about Pick A Brick. From what I’ve been told, it won’t be an immediate change, but we should be seeing our PAB fixtures coming in and getting out in June/July. Of course, this is subject to change, but that’s the most concrete information I have so far.

So I invite anyone near the DC metro area (and even farther, of course!) to come down after Wednesday of next week and experience our new Yellow layout, maybe even picking up a Main Street or Black Falcon’s Fortress while you’re here.

See you then,

Brian P. Gefrich
Supervisor
LEGO Outlet - Potomac Mills