 Organizations / United States / WAFOL / *63 (-10)
Subject:
In town Feb26/27-2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:37:02 GMT

Greetings,
I plan to be in SLC over the Feb 26-27 of 2005 weekend.  Anybody interested in
meeting for coffee?

Best,
Dan Parker cell#253.632.9407

Re: Details on WAFOL (Utah) get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 01:35:55 GMT

Hey Scott,
  Another LUGNET member told me about your post, so I came to check it out.
The truth is I haven't been a participating member of LUGNET for quite some
time.  Another fact you should know; WAFOL hasn't been active for even longer!
Just look at the post dates.

I'd suggest starting a new Wasatch Area Lego club with some friends if you
really want a club to be in.  Best of luck.  Keep building,I haven't much
since I turned 16!

Nathan Falslev
excom_@hotmail.com

In lugnet.org.us.wafol, Scott McQueen writes:
I am wondering...

is it strickly 'No Adults'?

i am not just some stupid kid, i am a veteren of lego and i think that i
could hold my own

Im 14 and if you need to see some of the stuff i have done you could look at
a few of my creations i think you would chang your mind

Re: Details on WAFOL (Utah) get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:15:20 GMT

I am wondering...

is it strickly 'No Adults'?

i am not just some stupid kid, i am a veteren of lego and i think that i
could hold my own

Im 14 and if you need to see some of the stuff i have done you could look at
a few of my creations i think you would chang your mind

Re: Age Limit for WAFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:23:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wafol, Nathan Falslev writes:
I've been in lugnet.space for a while now and just now started looking into
local groups.  I came across the large(300+) "Age Limitations" discussion and
wondered what WAFOL's limit, if any, was.  I searched in the previously
mentioned discussion and found no views.  I don't neccesarilly want to join
right now, I'm simply pondering some things.

Nathan Falslev
nfalslev@netscape.net
Exploria Main Interface
http://explorien.homestead.com/main.html

Yeah, I just post on another more recent dicussion and beeelliiiieeeve me i
am quite aware of how brittle legos can be and i think i would be a nice
addition to your group

when are usual meetings

Subject:
When was your LUG/LTC/MUG formed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.msltc, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.carlug, lugnet.org.us.cmlug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.hrmug, lugnet.org.us.legotics, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:06:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi!

This is a periodic "call for information" regarding the dates of formation
of all LUGs, LTCs, MUGs, etc., around the world.  I've been maintaining a
comprehensive list for the past couple of years...

   http://news.lugnet.com/org/dates

which I'm thinking of putting into a database format, and I'd to get all
of the ?'s resolved into solid dates.  If you are a founding member of any
of the following groups/clubs listed below, please take a few moments to
check your records against the date shown.  Also, if your group/club is not
listed on the page shown above, please let me know!

Thanks!!!

--Todd

YYYY/MM/DD

1997/10/??   PNLTC: Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
1999/07/16?  NOVALTC: Northern Virginia LEGO Train Club - now WAMALUG (U.S.A.)
1999/02/28?  VicLUG: Victoria LEGO Users Group (Canada)
1999/09/03?  GMLUG: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
1999/09/04?  TexLUG: Texas LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
1999/09/30?  WAFOL: Wasatch Area Fans of LEGO (U.S.A.)
1999/10/31?  LEGO-MUG: LEGO MINDSTORMS Users Group (Japan)
1999/11/15?  WAMALUG: Washington (D.C.) Metro Area LEGO Users Group - formerly
             NOVALTC (U.S.A.)
1999/11/28?  UKLUG: United Kingdom LEGO Users Group (U.K.)
1999/12/02?  LegOz (Australia)
2000/01/12?  CMLUG: Central Midwest LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2000/02/06?  Studs (Australia)
2000/02/18?  LUGOLA: LEGO Users Group of Los Angeles (U.S.A.)
2000/02/22?  VLC: Vancouver LEGO Club (Canada)
2000/04/30?  EJLTC: East Japan LEGO Train Club (Japan)
2000/05/28?  SeaLUG: Seattle Area LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2000/07/07?  GardenSLUG: Garden State LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
????/??/??   SCLTC: Southern California LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
2002/01/??   MSLTC: Mid-South LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
2002/??/??   Legotics (U.S.A.)
2002/??/??   HRMUG: Hampton Roads Mindstorms Users Group (U.S.A.)
200?/??/??   CARLUG: Central Arkansas LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2002/10/16?  The Brickish Association (U.K.)

[End list of groups with missing information]

Re: luggin' along
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:36:42 GMT

welcome aboard, david!

sadly i devote next to no time to legos anymore and the wafol page is WAY
overdue for an update.  still, it's nice to know there are some lego fan
surfers in utah.

cheers to sproat, too!!!

..joseph g

In lugnet.org.us.wafol, David Gardner writes:
In lugnet.org.us.wafol, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Hey WAFOLs,

Erm, that's probably just me, Joseph, and Barbara...

We probably should get things going again.  Have we had any new AFOLs move
into the Utah area lately?  Anyone want to hold a LUG meeting?

Cheers,
- jsproat

well i just moved to smithfield which is right by logan im 11. i mostly
build pirates and castle stuff

Re: luggin' along
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:44:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wafol, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Hey WAFOLs,

Erm, that's probably just me, Joseph, and Barbara...

We probably should get things going again.  Have we had any new AFOLs move
into the Utah area lately?  Anyone want to hold a LUG meeting?

Cheers,
- jsproat

well i just moved to smithfield which is right by logan im 11. i mostly
build pirates and castle stuff

Subject:
luggin' along
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:09:34 GMT

Hey WAFOLs,

Erm, that's probably just me, Joseph, and Barbara...

We probably should get things going again.  Have we had any new AFOLs move
into the Utah area lately?  Anyone want to hold a LUG meeting?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.wafol
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:17:38 GMT

Sorry I sniped everything out, too much to go through. One thing we should
definately consider for this event is flexibility. Here in Lugola we have
long strived to be as considerate to the distances people have to travel. It
may be best to have brickfest a roving event. I feel that back in April we
had a mini brickfest at Brad Hamilton's house in Irvine where people from
all areas came and were thrilled by Bryce's mechs, Brad's city and all kinds
of other goodies.

Let's look at the particulars, there are a good deal of folks in Southern
California (LA and San Diego); there is also a good number of folks in the
bay area, and in Seattle. This does not even take into consideration the
folks more inland, like Arizona, Utah, and Nevada.

In my vision of a true Brickfest west we would share hosting duties between
Lugola, Baylug, Sealug, Wafol, Bayltc, Pnltc, and Scltc. I would also love
to include our Canadian neighbors as well in Viclug and Vlc. Now we must
consider a couple of things 1. where is "central" to everyone and 2. Is that
location also contain alternative entertainment for our non lego spouses and
children. (This would make it easier for some of us to justify the expense.)

In a nutshell (sorry this post is so long) I would recomend an annual event
that rotated its location and host lug, our first brickfest may be hosted by
lugola, then the next event may be hosted by sealug, etc. etc.  These are
just my ideas, please give me any input you see fit.

Subject:
Who is near Redmond?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:20:08 GMT

Hi,

I will be going to the states for 10 days, staying in Redmond and would like
to meed some LUG. Is there any meeting that will occur near May 12?

Best regards,

Felipe Coury

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact