 Organizations / United States / ULUG / 8
7  |  9
Subject:
ULUG Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:10:16 GMT

Over the weekend ULUG (Utah LUG) participated in “The Ophir, Tintic and Western” Train Show at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah.

We are a newer LUG (under 6 months) with 9 active members and this is our first Train show as a LUG. We were pleased to be able to participate.
The excitment from the crowd was palpable. People are always amazed when LEGO is present in any amount of size.
Reed, the President of GBLT&C (Great Basin LEGO Train Club (Ask him about the “&”, it has meaning)) has amassed quite a collection of LEGO train that looks impression on the layout. We even had some vintage 1990s train arrive thanks to Luke and Isaac.

We printed an “I spy ...” game on Legal-sized paper (8 in total) and taped them to the ropes that held the crowd back.
People loved to play, they would stay until they found everything on game.

Here is a link to the show:

As a LUG we would appreciate feedback on what you like and where we can improve.

A few obvious places to improve are (All in due time):
1- Lack of a city
2- Too much exposed table
3- The NXT brick exposed

On a personal note, the show was held at a location called “Thanksgiving Point” which has a Dinosaur Museum that is visible for I-15 (The major interstate in Utah). As part of my portion, I recreated the museum (and yes, that, unfortunately, is Joe Vig) that can be found here:

I have included pictures of the building and my MOC. Feed back is appreciated.
One added bonus, I created a sound file that played the “Jurassic Park” T-Rex roar every minute. It was great to watch children’s faces as they leaned in for a closer look and then the sound effect would go off and startle them.