 Organizations / United States / ULUG / 45
44  |  46
Subject:
March ULUG Meeting recap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.ulug
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 04:38:21 GMT

ULUG had a very, I mean very successful monthly meeting today. Brian was gracious to off to host this months meeting at his home. To which we greatly thank his dear wife and lovely new daughter for allowing us. We had our best turnout yet with 11 members showing. We started off with personal MOCs which members brought. We have quite the range of interest in our LUG. Then we went into modular building ideas presented by Brian and Spencer. So hopefully we will be able to include our first round or “standardized buildings” for the next show we will participate in. Brian showed us how to clean MOCs without washing and made Reed’s Fokker Triplane look red again. Then Brian gave us walk through and demonstrations of Trackdesigner, Track Draw, LUGNET set reference, Peeron, and Bricklink. I then quickly showed everyone a couple sketches of some possible parts I am going to try to make for school project. My plans are to machine an injection mold make my idea if all goes well. After all that we drafted set 4939 “Cool Cars” creator set. If only you could have heard the comment Brian’s wife made while we were deeply involved in drafting. It was along the lines of “wow there is a lot of tension and anxiety in here!”

Over all it was a good meeting and a great success. Brian also offered to get us name badges so we all chipped in to get each of us our own badge. Speaking of which, I love the AFOL Spouse name tag that Brian’s wife got when they were at Brickfest.

This meeting also brings up some sad news. We were hoping that our president Gary McIntire could stop by, but he was unable to. Well at least some members got to say good bye on Friday night. For those of you who don’t know, Gary was offered a part time job last fall as a master builder for the Las Vegas miniland addition in Legoland. He has been there for the past few months working tirelessly with the other master builders to finish “Viva Las Vegas.” Recently he got offered a full time posistion as head master builder so he and his wife moved to San Diego today. We will miss having him in the LUG. But as a LUG we wish him best of luck!

Also I will be checking out of the LUG for a while come the end of April. I am going to the Hamburg area of Germany for 2 years this summer. However, when I get back with all the pictures I plan on taking, and am back in school, I will be back meeting with the LUG again. So for now its “2 Jahre in Deutschland!”

Gallery when moderated: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=241107

Jeffrey Jarvis “Der Ziegelmeister”