 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 457
456  |  458
Subject:
TexLUG Austin 2/13 meeting report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:36:03 GMT

Folks,

Attending the 2/13 Texlug Austin meeting were:

Richard Arndt (also of the Austin Robot Group)
Kurt Baty
Lee Rahe
Tim Rueger
David Smith (in from Dallas)
Ed Southerland
Wade, Helen and Roger Yamada

Kurt brought another of his fantastic minifig scale sailing
ships.  Ed brought some of his current MOCs, including some
small mecha models.  David brought a bunch of nifty scifi themed
models, and a really cool miniland-scale office cubicle model.

I did some highly random demonstrations of David Perdue's sumo
robots (and thanks to David for letting me borrow his 4'
circular arena).  I spent some time describing the robots and
their coding to Roger and his parents.  (Roger's team placed 8th
at the recent Austin First Lego League competition.)

Lee and I also brought some stock Lego models.  Roger was able
to successfully get an attacker to climb the back of Lee's
Citadel of Orlan.  Lego's large scale Ferrari Technic model got
good notices.

Links to Brickshelf photos are below.

Thanks to everyone who came out.  I had a great time, and I'm
looking forward to the March gathering.  We'll be finalizing the
rules for the sumo contest, targeting the contest for April.

-Tim

Gallery link:

Kurt Baty's 20-gun Brig-of-War RTS San Legonio

Tim Rueger's demo of David Purdue's sumo robots:

Dave Smith's miniland cubicle (w/meta cubicle):

Some of Dave Smith's scifi models: