Re: NELUG BrikWars questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Josiah Nicely writes:

Yikes, and I was thinking a Hundered or Two! I'm thinking a game with 50
people total would end really quick. Maybe that's just my inexperience
talking. Here's what I'm bringing:

Well, it ends quickly in terms of rounds, but even three rounds (for each
player, I mean) can take up to 8 or 9 hours.

300+ Western Blue coat soldiers
100+ Indians ( They could fit into a castle war as light foot soldiers )
100 or so Ninjas ( black and Grey )
50+ Samurai ( red and Blue )
130+ Horses ( can be used as cavalry for any force )
26 Cannons ( Wheeled, look  )
70-100 Castle Warriors- All types

Wow!  One thing I would definitely suggest is bringing some material for
vehicles and scenery.  The higher tech-level games are dominated by vehicles,
for the most part.

We can do this! I have 20 or 30 "Patriot" ( Tricorner Hat wearing peasants,
sailors, suits and such ) Soldiers. Add a few cannons, a Imperial Soldier
brigade for the British side, and walah!!

That Imperial Soldier brigade is my holdup. :D  I have a few precious redcoats,
and about 15 Bluecoats, but I assume the Bluecoats would be better for
representing either French soldiers or American officers.

An instant War setting. Make a few
houses and a bridge and things would be set.

After years of wargaming (more than just BrikWars), trust me when I say that
scenery makes *all* the difference in the world to the game.

Anybody have a time after August
when we could put one together?

I'm sure I will- I just don't plan my life that far in advance. :D

eric