Subject:
Ourcon Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 03:19:10 GMT

Hi all!

Just following up on things regarding OurCon in April. See my original post for details.

Currently, the organizers are pushing me hard for confirmation of Lego® related events at this. They are finalizing prepwork for their program printing and hope to include mention of Moonbases, Brikwars, Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game, or whatever my fellow AFOLs want to contribute that somehow fits into the themes of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Gaming.

So I am calling on you to respond (my email address is above, less the anti-spam) if you have any interest at all. What we need an idea of is...

•Who might be interested in helping with which possible events?

•Would you like to run or help run a game of Brikwars?

•Would you like to run or help run a game of Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game?

As for Moonbases, I am willing to organize the display overall. I have my mods, and one participant offering to bring his. Everyone available is invited to add to my list for that display.

Again, just email me with any interest or questions.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has offered comments or suggestions so far. And I look forward to making some of this turn into some Lego® fun!

FUT lugnet.events, because I am unsure if any single organization is sponsoring this event for AFOLs. (hint hint)

Play on!

-Hendo