Subject:
Brikwars Game Themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:43:27 GMT

Hi All,

I've been collecting a list of potential Brikwars game themes, all of which I'd
love to participate in.  Unfortuantely, I keep falling further and further
behind on games as opposed to ideas, so I wanted to post them and see if anybody
else wanted to take a shot at them.  Note that not all of these are my ideas,
though I'll omit credit to protect the names of certain LEGO employees who
sideline as game authors.

Classic Space - that is, everything has to be in blues and greys, and only
classic spacemen and robots are allowed

The Matrix - actually been done!  Agents vs. Robots vs. Humans, with stupendous
feats all around

The Highlander - firearms are still useful for knocking people over, taking out
bystanders, and blowing things up, but at the end of the day you still need your
sword to effect a good decapitation.  Plus, you get that helpful skill boost!

Space Mutants - Nestle Bunnies, Greedos, Jar-Jars, Ogres, Green Goblins,
Dobbies, Yodas, Ewoks, Chewbaccas, Werewolves, and more all vie for dominance of
Space Station "Nirvanoid 7"

Pirates - but with the addition of Voodoo (for all inspiration piratical, refer
to Tim Power's "On Stranger Tides")

Indiana Jones - Archeologists and Nazis race to be the first to collect the
artifact of power

X-Files - Federal Agents running through a suitably spooky landscape (submarine?
Forest?  Large house?) investigating some deadly organization/cult/plant
life/etc

X-Com - Troops vs. Aliens who crash-landed in the farm country

Dune - ALl desert, all the time

Steampunk/Alternative History

WWII – “Saving Plastic Ryan” - also been done, but always fresh for revisits

Feel free to add to the list, or to abscond with ideas as you see fit.

-s