Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:13:46 GMT

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message
news:HD6MFz.1MK8@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
[so very much stuff clipped]

All right.

At the end of the day, we're going to need to lay out some step-by-step
instructions as to what each team has to provide with respect to the • random
magic items.  I think we've all got a handle on how the teams' starting • magical
distribution goes:

(1) no more than 50 CP per troop, including magical items
(2) no more than 250 CP of magic per player? Or did I just make that up?

Correct and correct.  (What's your problem? There's only about a 100
messages in this thread.)

But then there are, in addition, the random magical items.  Each team (or • is it
player?) provides:

Each Team.

(1)  No less than 10 magical items?
(2)  No more than 20 magical items?
(3)  Total CP of magical items is 10*Qty

We were saying up to 10 with a minimum of 5, the formula being 10*Qty.
Personally, I hope each team creates 10.  With 30 items out there, there
will be enough to make it interesting without having too many items
scattered on the board.

(4)  Each Item has both a positive and a negative effect associated with • it, of
identical cost

Correct

(5)  No single item can cost more than 20 CP ?

This is the current limit, pending feedback from some trials to ensure it's
not too high of a figure.

At gametime:

(1)  Chests and boxes are scattered randomly around the battlefield
(2)  When one is opened there is either an item inside, or a random chart • is
consulted to determine what item is inside

Correct, but just to clarify, if there is more than one enchantment (for
example 2 teams have enchanted the same object) then the 'random chart' is
consulted based on a roll to see what item is inside.

(3)  A 1d6 is rolled if the trooper takes the item.  A roll of 1-2 and the • item
is detrimental, 3-6 and the item is beneficial
(4)  Items remain the sole possession of their discoverers, due to a
fascinating symbiotic bonding process

Correct and correct *and* a unit cannot possess more than one enchanted item
of the same type (such as a sword, helm, etc.).  Any book of spells can only
be read by a magic user (that is to say some sort of wizard-like unit) and
multiple books can be collected.

Does that roll up all of these previous e-mails?  There are so many • nuances
flying about, I'm getting uber-confused.

[insert obvious insult here]

Please feel free to amend the above rules if I've made an error or a lapse • in
judgement, and repost as a suggested set.  A couple of iterations, and • we'll be
at something we can actually work with.  For crying out tears, we only • have
two weeks left before it all becomes moot and Evil Wayne and I get • stompped
on by all the challengers.

Finally, something we can all agree on!

- Joe