Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:50:05 GMT

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message
news:HD6Bw4.os3@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
Good point-- we don't want to confuse a *dropped* grey sword with a
*magical* grey sword :)

On the other hand, if the most magical tower in existence has just been
cracked open by a massive earthquake, it just may be possible that enough
magical energy has been released that any time a soldier dies, his dropped
items automatically gain random magical attributes...

- Mike.

Yeah, then you could create a bunch of peons that you then sacrifice so you
can arm your better troops with magical items.  Talk about chaos on the
battlefield!

I was always thinking that if a common type of item was used (afterall,
there are only so many sword types and breastplates), we'd just put a tiny
piece of tape on it to denote that it is magical.  But I like the idea of
finding creative ways to make them not so common...I'm certainly going to
try.

- Joe