Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:30:46 GMT

"Jennifer L. Boger" <jenn@peeron.com> wrote in message
news:1049991336.3e9598a900ff7@home.peeron.com...
Quoting David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com>:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
The SP limit is should not consume more than %25 of your total CP, so • 250
CP
worth.  Again, I think the magic items that you create to get scatterd
should draw from this pool, minimum of 5 items per team, with a maximum • of
10 per team...thoughts?

But anyway, I'm sorta leery
of
the SP's coming out of your magic pool.

I agree.  It's not my troops fault he picked up something that cursed him
forever and made some sp effectively ususable until his untimely death. • He
could have just as easily have picked up a goat.  I don't think that magic • items
should count towards the 250 sp pool.

Jennifer

Okay, so they're independent of your team's SP...BUT we must have a limit on
these things, since we don't want people getting too carried away.  So
because of this, let's set an actual number of items per team at 10.
Further, let's also say that each team has free reign as to what objects
they decide to enchant.  However, once an item is picked up, if two or more
teams have an enchantment on the same item (like a sword) and/or a team has
multiple types of enchantments on the same item, then a roll is made on the
Ker-Magic-Item-Don't-Let-Me-Down table to see which enchantment it actually
is.  Sound fair?  Also, we should probably set a Fair CP Value to any item
not to exceed...what? 20 CP?

My thought here is that certain items may do some simple things like give
the wearer an additional 4" of movement and might only cost about 6 CP
between the item itself and the magic ability.  However, for items that
grant SP powers, we don't want them to be too powerful.

- Joe