Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:15:55 GMT

<snip>
As for the castle/Ancient's Keep, I have an idea of something mountain-like
at the base with pieces of castle poking out the higher you get.  This is
the main thing that I think would need multiple people to build...it's also
a call for BURPs and POOPs.  It should definitely engourage warfare on and
around its surface.

I've probably got enough BURPs for the whole project if need be... Wow. I
just checked Peeron-- I should have 176 BURPs (Grey/Dk Grey rectangular &
triangular). Dang. I didn't realize I had so many.

I created a ruff draft of what I think would be an interesting layout:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/brikwars/april2003/april2003.txt
Just to warn you, this file may end up getting deleted by the moderator.

I've used a modular system to the design to allow us to build seperate
sections.  Most of these sections are only a single thickness of brick
placed on a baseplate which is then supported by a support structure under
neither.  This should greatly reduce the amount of green brick we need and
add more changes in elevation.

The hardest pieces on this layout to build will be the castle and the river
sections.  The castle will need a lot of pieces to build and will probalbly
need more space than I allowed for.  Since I design the river to be two
bricks lower in height than its surroundings, more bricks will be needed to
raise the ground.

I'm willing to tackle building a large mountain on at least the top two gray
48x48s and hopefully the third one while I'm away on vaction.  I can also
contribute one Black Smith Shop to the village.

Any thoughts or suggestions on improving this design?

Jonathan D.