Re: Meeting/Brikwars Jan 18/19 ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:17:53 GMT

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message
news:GpKn8x.73t@lugnet.com...

Well hello, Folks!

<snip>

So I'd like to solicit feedback/input/support from everybody as to whether • or
not they could participate, and if so, what they'd be interested in.  Some • of
the choices include:

(1) Friday night regular meeting - shopping at the Construction Site, • followed
by dinner and drinks at Mouseville- er, Bison County, or Franca's.

(2) A new chapter in NELUG history: a Brikwars session that starts at 7 or • 8
pm, and goes until the last person has fallen face first into the chip • dip.

(3) Choice (1) followed immediately by choice (2).

Option 2 or 3 sounds the best to me. Although depending on where Brikwars is
going to be held, option 3 may not be the best idea. I'm definitely up for a
WWII game, since I won't have enough time to put some other type of army
together.

(4) Some other possibility that is about to be proposed by someone

I'm up for anything, though I have to say that the possiblity of reliving • my
all-night glory days is pretty enticing.  If people are up for Brikwars, • we
will need to find a good location - my apartment is available, though it's
about 1:15 north of Boston, up in New Hampster.  If anybody closer to • Boston
will have some space that they are willing to sacrifice for a full night,
please speak up!

As a special aside to Dave Eaton: here's your chance to finally have • Friday
night plans! ;)

Anyway, please let me know what works for y'all ...

Shaun

[1] the massive WWI German Dreadnought battleship guy - that is, the ship • is
massive, he isn't ... oh, you know what I mean

[2] if no one objects, we could introduce our first organized club WWII
Brikwars game, which has been far too long in the coming ... again, all • troops,
vehicles, stats, and scenarios would be supplied, and we'd need only
appropriate scenery from the participants.  Or, alternatively, we could • have
another medieval or future-based game [3].

[3] It's probably also worth noting that even people not interested in • playing
would be more than welcome to come ... there's much discussion of LEGO in
general, and dozens of off-topic subjects come up.  Plus lots of food, • drink,
mayhem, etc.