Re: BrikWars, February 3rd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:19:19 GMT

I cant wait to see the pictures!!!

         Hope to see lots of carnage and little dead ABS men.

                                -R

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

The next NELUG BrikWars event is going to be held Saturday, February 3rd, 2001.
Location: Once again, Shaun Sullivan's basement.

The particulars for this battle are as follows:

CP: 500  (you can spend up to 500 points on troops, vehicles, etc)
TL: 5  (any equipment with a TL rating of 5 or less is fair game, 6+ is not)
SP Limit: 0 (we will not be using the SP supplement rules in this battle)

In order for things to go a little more smoothly, we'd like people to have
their armies ready to go when they get there- which means having costs for
vehicles, troops, etc all worked out and written down- bonus points for writing
down stats like Move, Armor, what weapons they have and how much damage they
do, etc.

I know a lot of you don't game nearly as much as, say, I do, so this might be a
bit confusing (especially if you've only been to one game).  In order to combat
that, Shaun and I are volunteering to help you work out your army list
beforehand.  You can contact either one of us by email, and we'll help you
figure the points costs for vehicles, troops, etc.  We purposely chose a date
well in the future to give everyone time to plan and build.

If everyone has their army assembled and balanced when they get there, that
leaves more time for the carnage.  Mmmmm, carnage.

Shaun will be posting directions to his basement (indeed, to his whole house,
that's how much he loves us) to the NELUG mailing list when the day gets
closer.  You do NOT have to be a NELUG member to play- anyone who turns up with
an army is more than welcome.  Try to assemble some modern-looking city scenery
as well... multi-story buildings with access to their interiors is a big bonus.

If you have any questions of any kind (well, about this event) please feel free
to contact me at the above email address, removing the obvious spamblock.

Hope to see as many people as possible there!

eric