 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / * (-5)
Subject:
LEGO Store Coming to Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:14:49 GMT

I just read about this in the News & Observer today.  Looks like Raleigh is
getting a LEGO Store this summer!

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1395642.html

Subject:
2009 LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planetarium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:49:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Saturday January 31st and Sunday February 1st, NCLUG and NCLTC will exhibit
at the 5th annual LEGOPalooza at the Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill, North
Carolina.

This is a free event.  The event will run from 11-4 on Saturday and from 1-4 on
Sunday.  If you are in the area, please plan to stop by.  More details can be
found on the NCLUG web site at:  <http://www.nclug.us>

Show Flyer:
<http://www.nclug.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the_5th_annual_legopalooza_v2.pdf>

Hope to see you there!

Mike

--
mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com

Subject:
NCLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:23:02 GMT

NCLUG will have their monthly meeting this coming Sunday, September 21st at
the Cameron Village Library in Raleigh.  Need more information?  Check out
NCLUG's web site at: http://www.nclug.us

Mike

--
Mike Walsh -- mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com
LEGO Blog:  http://blog.carolinatrainbuilders.com

Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 04:00:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Mike Walsh wrote:
On February 3rd and 4th NCLUG in cooperation with the Morehead Planatarium
at the University of North Carlina Chapel Hill hosts LEGO Palooza.  The 3rd
LEGO Palooza expands to a 2 day event running from 12-4 both Saturday and
Sunday.  This year the display exhibits expand from Space themed to all
themes.  Al particular interest are large Castle, Star Wars and Town
layouts.  NCLTC will have a small train layout on display.  There is also a
large collection of bricks for kids and adults to build with.

For more information and directions, visit the Morehead Planatarium web
site:

http://www.moreheadplanetarium.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=news_item&id=371

Admission is free.

I wish there was 'advance' warning about this event.  I mean, I didn't see any
post about this event on LUGNET.  Such as, a 3 to 5 week in-advance notice about
the event. So, I can make travel plans hotel, car, etc.  Generally
speaking...about any LEGO fan/club event, no matter where the event is or when
it is.  Because I might want to travel to visit, and see the event in person.
:-)  (sigh)

But anyways... I am glad everybody had a good time.

-Abner

Re: NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:07:27 GMT

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Mike Walsh wrote:

A bunch snipped

Mike

Mike,

Thanks! I posted in part out of fun and part out of annoyance. Had I been in the
area I would have definitely dropped by. Hey, a planetarium and a LEGO event, my
two favorite loves in one. I would have been there. Sadly, I live too far away
to to have been there with 4 hours notice.

And, yes, I saw the pics Joe posted. Your NC folks always seem to have a lot of
fun and put on a great show.

Sincerely,

Todd

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact