Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:54:10 GMT

Actually, just finishing it up....

Did you get around to the DAT file for the switch house?
We're still eagerly anticipating it.  :-)
Thanks. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)

All right, here is the link to the switch house files:

I created two files, one showing the switch house with a door and one without.
Both are for use with a LH switch.

This is intended to be used with a modified 9v Switch.  For modification
details check out this link:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/vlc/?n=1198

Many thanks to Dean Husby for the excellent instructions.

I did not glue my switches back together.  Instead I carefully cut around the
edges of the 4 heat-staked pins, leaving enough of the pin that it actually
pops back together after the modifications are made.  You get good at it by the
time you've modified 17 of them.

As for the rubberband which connects the motor to the wedgewheel, I used the
blue technic rubberband, a black one of the same size works well too.

The colored 1x1 round plates on the semaphor are used to identify the switch. I
simply put 2 1x2 tiles of the same colors on the end of the power wire near the
power source.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Have fun building :)

Steve