Re: poll: what would be the best date for our next meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:07:24 GMT

I'm sure this is the case for almost everyone else: I am completely dedicated to
our group and would love to attend any and all gatherings, but there just always
seems to be a major stumbling block to my attendance. Sundays are a no go. Work
is the biggest problem on Saturdays (from 10 am to 4pm.) Distance also plays a
role. By the time I could get out to somewhere like Santa Ana, the meeting would
have been over.

And just a general commentary on the state of our group, I think everyone is
just too busy here in Los Angeles. We've packed our lives so full that it seems
like there's no time for Lego. That might just be me though.

I think my place (in Torrance) has been offered up before, but I've been kind of
quiet about it because of the working on Saturday thing. I'll try to schedule
time off in the next couplethree months to either play host or attend elsewhere.

Speaking of Santa Ana, how did the meeting on Saturday go? What was the
attendance like?

--ry

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Thomas Mueller wrote:
In my opinion it would be great if we could have a meeting every 2 – 3 months.
In order to get as many people as possible to attend, we are having a poll in
order to get your input. Please post your ideas regarding meeting dates, times
and places. All input, either general or specific, is welcome.

Since somebody has to be the first one, here are my preferences:
- Saturday or Sunday afternoon/early evening
- good days include 11/04/2006, 11/05/2006, 11/18/2006, 11/19/2006, 12/02/2006,
12/03/2006, 12/16/2006, 12/17/2006