Re: CANCELLED: Re: LUCNY to display at Day Out With Thomas, Utica, NY June 18-27, 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:17:37 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Salm wrote:
For various reasons mostly due to the venue, LUCNY will NOT be participating
in this event this year.

In Lieu of this event, we will be having a local meeting to have some fun and
play with our trains.  This will likely be a two-day event; details to be
posted after plans are solid.

Kevin Salm
LUCNY

I’m sorry to here this but I completely understand. NILTC also decided not to do
our local Thomas event this year for the very same reason. Dust [1] was a huge
problem last year and with even proposing alternative locations and also
offering to wave part of our fee for a gravel base in our tent they were still
reluctant to make any changes. I hope someday that my club will be able to do
the event again but hopefully in a more suitable location.
Cheers,
OnDrew

1. Dust is an understatement. It took my club almost 3 months to clean
everything used in the show. Grey basplates looked dark grey and the track
almost got ruined. We had to run a track cleaner for 3 hours before we could run
trains properly.

In lugnet.announce, Kevin Salm wrote:
<http://www.lucny.org The Lego Users of Central New York (LUCNY)> will be
setting up and operating a 12 foot by 40 foot display of Lego Trains in
Utica, NY, during the Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine event.

<http://www.hitentertainment.com/thomasthetankengine/us/events/dayout_usa.html
Adirondack Scenic Railway> and will be held June 18-20 and June 25-27, 2004
from 9AM to 5PM.  The main event is a ride aboard an Adirondack Scenic
Railway train pulled by Thomas the Tank Engine.  A host of other events in
and around Union Station in Utica, NY and the ajacent
<http://www.museum4kids.net/ Utica Children's Museum> will make for a
fun-filled day for all fans of Thomas and Friends.

The LUCNY Lego train layout will be housed inside the Children's Museum on
the third floor.  Come and see an entire city built entirely of Lego® Brand
building toys and watch the Lego trains speed along the various parts of the
layout.  You will be able to speak with the creators of all the custom Lego
models as well as see some designs from actual Lego sets from today and
years past.

Ticket price for the Day Out With Thomas event is $14.00 for ages one and
up. Advance purchase tickets required by calling 866-468-3401 or online at
<http://www.ticketweb.com TicketWeb.com>  All train tickets are reserve
seating for the time you selected and shown on your ticket.  If your train
ride is late in the afternoon, plan to arrive one to two hours early to see
and enjoy all the other events and activites.  The Dates for Thomas are
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday June 18, 19, 20, and 25, 26, and 27, 2004.

Because the LUCNY train exhibit will be housed inside the Utica Children's
Museum, the display will remain in place and in operation during the week
between the Thomas event, June 21 thru 24.  During that time, normal museum
admission of $4.00 per child or adult will be charged for all visitors.

Come and join LUCNY if you can.  Bring a guest train and plan to stick
around for a while and chat.  Note that if you are only coming to see the
LUCNY Lego display in the musuem during the days of the Thomas event, you
need only pay normal $4.00 museum admission.  Parking is free any time.

One final tidbit--on permanent exhibit at the Childrens Musuem is an old
Alco Diesel switcher locomotive and a retired Santa Fe Super-Chief style
streamliner dining car.  Also, since this event is held at Union Station in
Utica, NY, you can watch some of the many passenger and freight trains that
pass by the station every hour.

Details at the following websites:¬
<http://www.hitentertainment.com/thomasthetankengine/us/events/dayout_usa.html
Thomas the Tank Engine>¬ <http://adirondackrr.com/thomas/ Adirondack Scenic