 Organizations / United States / Legotics / * (-5)
Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:40:22 GMT

<snip>

Finalized venue:

Denver - Denver Pavilions (Glenarm Place, between 15th and 16th Streets)
Friday 3PM-7PM
Saturday 11AM-5PM
Sunday 12PM-5PM

Plan on a 2 - 2.5 hour setup before the show starts. That will, of course, vary
on Saturday and Sunday depending on how much tear down happens at the end of
each day.

-Duane

Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:31:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Bryan Beckwith wrote:

Yikes! I haven't been checking the local pages in a while and almost missed out
on this.

I would love to participate.  I imagine you guys have hashed out some of the
details in private.  If someone could send an email my way and catch me up to
speed, I would appreciate it.

I think a town layout would be best.  I would be happy to bring some train
stuff.  It would be cool if we could put together an RTD Light Rail or
something.

I'm in the Springs, but I could definitely make it to Denver for that weekend.

Bryan

Well, to recap what I have for information so far.

1) We don't have an organized display. By that I mean that it isn't confined to
one theme. There will be lots of Mecha & Space and a couple of sculptures. I
would like to throw together a train if at all possible too. Anything you want
to contribute will be welcome.

2) Lego will provide the tent, 8' x 3' tables (if we want to use theirs),
security, and electricity. The rest is up to us. We provide the MOCs, crowd
control barriers (for our tent), chairs/stools, refreshments, etc. The whole
show is set up to be hands-on. If we do not want kids to jostle and grab for the
MOCs, we need to have some sort of method to rope off our table. I'm currently
thinking of PVC pipe and some yellow "construction" tape. There won't be any
table skirts, and thus, you can see under the tables. We will either have to
store boxes and containers in our cars, or bring (nice) skirts of our own.

3) Be sure to bring sunscreen and plenty of water. 8 hours outside at our
altitude and temperature will take it's toll. The event is outdoors, so plan
accordingly.

4) Our location will be at the Pavilions on the 16th St. Mall somewhere. The
exact location and parking area will be a last minute thing. I don't have exact
times of the event, but figure on setting up 8-10am on September 5th and tearing
down in the late afternoon on September 7th. Lego will provide overnight
security to make sure that nothing walks away. If there is something that you
are overly concerned about, feel free to remove it from the display and keep it
with you overnight.

5) Our job will be mostly to entertain kids and answer questions. They will be
given a card at the beginning of the event. To complete their "Model Showcase"
they will need four stickers, one of which comes from our tent. Other cities
have created an "I Spy" game so that the kids earn the stickers. I think it
would be a good idea to have some sort of plan for this, as I haven't given it
much thought.

6) I will have Lego-supplied, gray event T-shirts for everyone participating
(let me know your size). Public Relations folks will be in bright yellow shirts
- Lego event staff in white shirts. Please don't wear the event shirts in "adult
establishments", or drink alcohol in public while wearing them. At least until
the events are over.

7) I will e-mail you an Exhibitor Agreement to fill out and bring to the event
for liability coverage

I hope I haven't left anything too important out. If I have, I will post an
update here. Any and all Colorado FOLs are welcome to participate.

-Duane

Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 03:59:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
<snip>

OK, here's a follow-up to the previous post. The Lego Road Show 2003 will be
coming to town (Denver, exact location TBD) in early August.

<snip again>

OK. FYI it looks like the schedule just slipped by a week to the weekend of
August 16th.

-Duane

Major schedule slippage. I might have something new by the time the road
show rolls into town... :-)

Due to the other ten stops that were added, our date has slipped to
September 5th through 8th.

-Duane

Yikes! I haven't been checking the local pages in a while and almost missed out
on this.

I would love to participate.  I imagine you guys have hashed out some of the
details in private.  If someone could send an email my way and catch me up to
speed, I would appreciate it.

I think a town layout would be best.  I would be happy to bring some train
stuff.  It would be cool if we could put together an RTD Light Rail or
something.

I'm in the Springs, but I could definitely make it to Denver for that weekend.

Bryan

Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 20:59:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
<snip>

OK, here's a follow-up to the previous post. The Lego Road Show 2003 will be
coming to town (Denver, exact location TBD) in early August.

<snip again>

OK. FYI it looks like the schedule just slipped by a week to the weekend of
August 16th.

-Duane

Major schedule slippage. I might have something new by the time the road
show rolls into town... :-)

Due to the other ten stops that were added, our date has slipped to
September 5th through 8th.

-Duane

Re: Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.org.us.legotics
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:06:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess writes:
<snip>

<snip again>

OK, it's official:  http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2090

I have Bryan, Soren and myself contributing models for the display. From the
experience that Soren and I had this weekend at the Boulder Public Library,
I can honestly say that we can use a whole lot more (MOCs, baseplates &
buildings/backdrops) for a display of this size. There will be plenty of
room. The tent is a 10' x 12' hexogonal as shown here:
http://www.tentnology.com/pdf/marqspecs.pdf

Just trying to keep this fresh in everyone's mind. I would love for this to
become an annual event.

-Duane

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact